Momentive Performance Materials
recently received an evaluation report (ESR# 3983) from ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES), verifying that its Elemax 2600
silicone air and water-resistive barrier (“AWB”) meets a number of code requirements.
Building officials, architects, contractors, specifiers, designers, and others utilize ICC-ES Evaluation Reports to provide a basis for using or approving Elemax 2600 AWB in construction projects under the 2015, 2012, and 2009 International Building Code (IBC), International Residential Code (IRC), and International Energy Conservation Code (IECC).
Elemax 2600 AWB has also been confirmed to meet the following green codes and/or standards: California Green Building Standards (CalGreen) 2016 Title 24, Part 11, International Green Construction Code (IgCC) 2015 and 2012, ANSI/ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1 (High Performance Green Buildings) 2014 and 2011, and National Green Building Standard 2015, 2012, and 2008.
ICC-ES thoroughly examined product information, test reports, calculations, quality control methods, and other factors to ensure GE Elemax 2600 AWB is code compliant.
“We are pleased to be evaluated by ICC Evaluation Service,” said Mark Friesen, Global Marketing Director, Momentive Performance Materials—Sealants. “We take immense pride in ensuring our products are the very best-in-class, exceeding expectations for our customers, and this recognition affirms that.”
In addition to its code compliance, the following are some of the key features of the Elemax 2600 AWB system:
- Weather resistance: UV, rain, snow, wind, and temperature extremes
- Permanent flexibility to promote long system life
- Vapor permeability: excellent performance to ASTM E96
- Excellent ﬂammability characteristics: NFPA 285—Passes in assembly and meets 2015 IBC exemption criteria and ASTM E84—Class A
- Self-sealing around fasteners: after cladding is applied, the system still performs; passes ASTM D1970 and ASTM E331
- Air leakage prevention: exceeds Air Barrier Association of America requirements
- Full system compatibility: 100% silicone system acts as a monolithic membrane
- Ease of installation: few components, simple speciﬁcation and installation
- Low installed cost: primerless adhesion to most substrates and typically a one-coat application
A nonprofit, limited liability company, ICC-ES is the United States’ leading evaluation and testing service for innovative building and plumbing products, components, and systems. ICC-ES Evaluation Reports (ESRs), Building Product Listings and PMG Listings provide evidence that products and systems meet requirements of codes and technical standards. Reports from both listing programs are now accepted in Canada. ICC-ES is a subsidiary of the International Code Council® (ICC®). For more information, please visit www.icc-es.org
With years of proven product performance, the Elemax Air & Water-Resistive Barrier system
from GE Silicones can help protect your building against adverse outside elements with conﬁdence. Made with 100% silicone components, GE Elemax AWB can deliver enduring protection that installs easily as well as promote increased energy efficiency.
Learn more about GE-branded coatings online